Tuesday, February 28, 2006

things I like...

I've been a bit negative with myself recently, so now I am gonna put in a list of all those things which make me 'me'. So anytime I feel down, lost, upset, mis-directed, or not myself, I'll have this list to remind me of who I am, and what it takes just to be ME!

1. Coffee. Good, real coffee, from coffee beans and a coffee machine.

2. Beer. A cold glass of New Zealand's Monteiths Summer Ale would make anyone happy.

3. Red wine. Merlot or Cab Sav. Either one. In a proper glass, on a warm summer's day evening outside.

4. Jazz music. The old stuff. The 'Billie Holiday', 'Satchmo', Duke Ellington', 'Sarah Vaughn' stuff. Not much into the 80's jazz, sorry Dave Brubeck. Give me the classic 30's, 40's and 50's jazz. They had class.


5. Rugby. Go the All Blacks. This is a real mans game. No wusses allowed. If you need padding, go cry to your mamma. Go the Auckland Blues and Otago Highlanders.

6. Reading. I love a good book. Better than any tv show on. Particular to Charles Dickens and Agatha Christie and Poirot.

7. Astronomy. I love outer space! What a magical place, and we know so little about it. I am going to go into space one day for a holiday.

8. Travelling. I enjoy seeing other countries that I am interested in visiting. I don't like travelling to countries I have no interest in seeing. Must visit - USA, England, France, Spain, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Scotland, Ireland, Japan, Turkey and the UAE.

9. Motorbikes. I particularly like the Ducati 749, 916, 999 and Monster. Also, Suzuki GSXR600, Honda CBR600 and Yamaha R6. Honda Hornet is up there too.

10. Flying. Most important part of me. I have my pilot licence, and can fly anywhere in NZ I want to. I can take my friends places for golf, fun or work. I love the flying environment. Pilots are awesome people who are adventurous, fun and hardworking at the same time. They are highly educated with a grounding sense of responsibility. If they stuff it up, people die. So they are to be respected.

11. InteriorDesign. This sounds gay, but I love designing interiors, and looking through real estate listings. I have a real passion for property, and it's my 'exit strategy'. I plan on becoming a property investor. Not only that, but I haven't yet made my perfect house or apartment plans . It's a work in progress. Check out 'urbis' magazine, or 'www.propertypress.co.nz' to see what I mean.

That's a good start to knowing ME. If I think of anything more later, i'll be sure to update!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to comment, but the proxy I use to see your blog (I have to do that because Blogspot blogs are blocked in China) doesn\'t seem to be allowing me to post comments these days.
Anyway, I\'ve been bloody busy the last couple of days. First week back to school and all that. Things should be calmed down soon, so we can resume our daily chats about nothing and everything.

You mentioned before that you like jazz, but I assumed you meant the annoying \'modern\' jazz. I\'ve always kind of liked the old stuff too: Satchmo, the Duke, etc. Sounds nice.

Alright, see you later. I hope this comment sticks!