Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I can't help but feel sorry for them...

I don't know what the hell Malaysia teaches its students at school. I really am perplexed. I am spending my valuable time going over basics with them, and not covering important skills which, frankly, will be VITAL for them at University.

Not many of my students read. In fact, the situation is deplorable. How on earth is Malaysia supposed to develop if its citizens are mindless morons??? I don't mean to insult the travelled, educated and open-minded minority, but they will no doubt agree. I find it on one hand a great opportunity for me to educate 'clean' slates, but on the other hand find it completely frustrating.

My feelings are so strong because I feel a growing affection for Malaysia. I really do. But it is tinged with a realisation that one day I most definitely will leave, and due in no small amount to the fact that left alone, the country will inexorably slide down the slippery slope of 'no-hoper-ness'. I am left with little doubt that it is the chinese citizens of malaysia who are the driving force behind Her development, and if they are to be given the kind of vile, crass, underhanded treatment they have put up with forever, they will surely leave and take their hard-earned cash with them.

Left alone, I really don't believe there are enough open-minded and educated Malays to sustain the growth perpetuated by the minority chinese. Sorry to my Malay friends, and I count you as the educated ones as I have had the pleasure to converse with you and learn from you, but I am not trying to insult. I am saying it like it is (a vastly missing commodity in Malaysia today).

My poor wife (of chinese descent) will no doubt harange me about this preamble, but it IS my blog, and as named, is for my ramblings. So there.

Have a nice day

3 comments:

Jinxy's Slave said...

Chinese DESCENT! Come on, kiwi, get your spelling up to scratch!

*grin*

You know I only say that because I love you both!

xxx

MadDog said...

thanks for the spell check

De Kiwi said...

wow some very passionate and opinionated views here, but fair enough man. Keep it up :)Hope I don't see you in jail hehe