Monday, May 07, 2007

The Fuzz...

Riding to work this morning, on the 150 scooter, I came around a corner and lo, there was the fuzz. No signs, no cones, just 4 blokes waiting to catch naughty bike riders without helmets etc. Or so I thought...

I was signalled to pull over, just routine(!), and was expecting to answer the usual questions about my licence etc. However, as soon as the first fuzz saw my skin colour (oh, Putih!), he promptly told me to 'go go go'. I duly said thanks, and took off. They were looking for some 'duit kopi' I'm sure. I think the Chinese dude next to me said a quiet 'thanks' to my presence too because he was shooed away also!

I also noticed they didn't have their normal 'saya anti-rasuah' badges on. Guess it was 'saya rasuah' after all! Hehehe... hope they get a pay-rise soon, cos they obviously can't afford to live on what they earn now!

I don't really blame them these days, although I still frown on it. I can see both sides of the problem. At least it wasn't a completely boring morning eh?

No comments: