Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Phew!

Well, we had a great time in KL. The hotel we stayed at was brilliant, and the area was perfect. We stayed at the Royal Bintang Damansara, in the new shopping district 'The Curve', and was ideal. It's not near the CBD, so there isn't the usual traffic, and all the amenities you could ask for were there. I loved it.
We spent over RM2000 during our 3 days there, on the hotel, food, shopping and the biggest night out we've had in years! Our friends Jeremy, Farah, Brad and Aida were there to keep us company, and frankly, they MADE the journey. The kids had a great time, and there's a playground in IKEA which was awesome. I ate Mexican and Dee had Japanese, although she didn't end up having her favourite Thai or Dim Sum like she wanted. That was kinda my fault, cos I made us go to TGI Friday's for the kids...
I miss KL already... I used to hate that city, but that was cos we kept either getting lost, having no-one to see, staying in shitty hotels or being stuck in the CBD. NOW, I like it. There is a reason for us to go there now apart from work.
Well, back to work, and the grind. Will be looking for somewhere to work in KL so we can move down there. We're too young to be stuck in this 'old man's town'. We don't want to retire yet!

No comments: