Thursday, March 30, 2006

nearly there

Gidday,

I think I know what I WANT to study, and that's a business degree or diploma online. I don't want anything too specific, because that just limits you to doing that job your whole life. I want something nice and flexible, and can be adapted to many jobs and situations around the world. When we go home to NZ, I want to get work quickly, and not spend months looking. I need a usable qualification for that, and I like business so there you go.

We went to Ipoh yesterday to see some friends and have Caleb's back looked at by them. They are both Chiropractors, and they helped him a lot. Mez gave me the once over as well, and told me all about my bent back! He kricked my neck, gave my spine a crack and generally straightened me up. Boy that felt good. He reckons I need 10 sessions to correct my twisted hips, which makes one leg shorter than the other. I don't mind!

As far as leaving Sitiawan and heading elsewhere, we really want to go, but are realistic, and need to consolidate our situation first. I have to go to the UK this year, and earning ringgit makes that a very intimidating thing financially! After that, I'll begin my degree in business, and I'm trying to get Dee to either finish her one or start another. I'm not sure I even have the school grades to qualify to enter the course! If not, I might have to wait until I go home and do some night classes to get better grades, but thats a 'worst-case' scenario. Going to Dubai or Bahrain would be nice, certainly nicer than Sitiawan, but its a big move, and we don't really want to put all our eggs into one basket. I still like my original plan of making money here, buying property to rent in NZ, and finally moving back home to live in a nice place in the suburbs!

All I have to do is make all the students in the district come to my centre and pay top dollar! Not too much to ask is it? Making Foo Chow people pay top money for top quality??? Hmmm...

My plan might take longer than I thought...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to add this, "Foochow is the most stingy creature in this world." Muahaahaaa...

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »